An innovative biaxial geogrid.
For over 30 years, biaxial geogrids have been utilized in pavement construction and soil stabilization projects throughout the US and worldwide. StrataBase® is Strata’s innovative geogrid that is made from extruded polypropylene which provides superior stiffness, aperture stability and interlock capabilities for structural reinforcement of paved and unpaved roads.
Lateral spreading of base course aggregate or subbase material is the most critical and common failure in pavement structures. Using StrataBase stabilizes aggregate soil through confinement and introduces tensile strength, and effectively reduces this spreading. It also allows for an increasing bearing capacity and load support capacity, resulting in improved structural performance and pavement life. Additionally, aggregate thickness can be reduced by 50% with the use of StrataBase.
StrataBase is ideal for the following uses:
- Base reinforcement for flexible pavements
- Subgrade and foundation improvement: cost effective alternate to undercutting and backfilling
- Parking areas for commercial and industrial facilities
- Haul road stabilization
- Airport runways
- Construction platforms and embankments over soft soils
- Caps for sludge ponds and landfills
To learn more about the different strengths of StrataBase, please see the technical data sheets below: